ONS is one of the world's most important meeting places within the oil and energy industry.
This year's program is set to feature some of the world's oil industry heavy hitters: Maria van der Hoeven, the Executive Director of the International Energy Agency, IEA, is speaking in the conference. So is President and CEO of the world's largest oil company, Saudi Aramco, Khalid A. Al-Falih.
– “Al-Falih's participation in ONS is a great honor for us. It says something about the importance of ONS globally,” states ONS CEO Leif Johan Sevland via a recent press release.
Middle East opportunities and Elon Musk
Chemical engineer Sara Akbar, A.K.A. The Iron Lady of the Middle East, is the CEO of Kuwait Energy will also be participating during the event. According to ONS, Kuwait Energy is one of the fastest growing independent oil and gas companies in the Middle East; Akbar is set to discuss the opportunities in this region.
ONS will also be attracting royalty to the event; this year, Queen Sonja of Norway will be there. Additionally, Prime Minister Erna Solberg; Minister of Petroleum and Energy Tord Lien; Petroleum Directror General Bente Nyland; and Statoil CEO Helge Lund are all on the official program.
One of the world's most intriguing business leaders, Tesla-founder Elon Musk will also be talking during the event.
Other names worth mentioning include Philip Lambert, CEO of Lambert Energy Advisory; Henrik O. Madsen, CEO of DNV GL; Arne Sigve Nylund, Statoil's EVP for Development and Production Norway; Gunhild Stordalen of Stordalen Foundation; and Tim Bertels, head of CCS, Shell.
The woman known as one of the USA's most powerful oil women, Norwegian Hege Kverneland of National Oilwell Varco, is also on the official ONS program - as well as many other personalities, from analysts, to a number of oil companies and suppliers.
ONS will be taking place in Stavanger, Norway, between the 25th and 28th of August. ONS expects to see 1250 exhibitors to be taking place in an area of 33,000 square kilometers, as well as 60,000 visitors.
More names confirmed for ONS:
- Aslak Sira Myhre, as moderator
- Guido Bartels from IBM Nordic
- Frank Sivertsen from E.ON
- Siri Espedal Kindem from Statoil
- Torbjørn Kjus from DNB
- Micheal O’Dwyer from Morgan Stanley
- Bob Keiller from Wood Group
- Florence Eid from Arabia Monitor
- Bijan Mossava-Rahmani from DNO & Rak Petroleum
- Torjer Halle from Schlumberger
- Jon Erik Reinhardsen from PGS
- Grethe Moen from Petoro
- Svenn Ivar Fure from Aker Solutions
- Brage Johannesen from Baker Hughes
Slik fungerer Tingenes internett i praksis